Re: system tables

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/30

You need to understand the structural difference between Sybase and Oracle first:
The Sybase 'database' concept can be equated with a 'schema' in Oracle. Apparently you are loading everything in the Oracle sys or system account, otherwise you wouldn't have asked this question. To answer it:
No, you can't *get rid of them* or you would *screw up database functionality completely*, you need to use your own schemas to transport the data to.
Please try to read the Oracle concepts manual, my educated guess is you didn't.

Regards,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

ivo zaenen <ivzae_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be> schreef in berichtnieuws 3933D466.D5D793FE_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be...