system tables

From: ivo zaenen <ivzae_at_gengenp.rug.ac.be>
Date: 2000/05/30

We recently moved from Sybase to Oracle8 . In converting the applications I have the following problem: when I make a new database and transfer the tables of my application to it I see together with my application specific tables also tables that are apparently system related (like mdsys.mdtab,ctxsys.* ,etc.) . How can I get rid of these system specific tables since they are particularly annoying when I try to synchronize(reverse engineer) my application- tables with my modelling tool ( these are then treated as if they belong to the application and are transfered to my model also) Thanks in advance for your help

Ivo Zaenen
Lab Molecular Genetics
University Ghent
Belgium Received on Tue May 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT