How to defragment a big table not using import?

From: <susana73_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/05/23

Hi,

I have a 200GB database. One of the tables contained blob has occupied 100GB alone. This table is consistently insert/delete everyday. I looked into the space within the table. It looks like there is a lot of empty blocks(inside the table) which is wasting a lot of space. I like to deframent it so that I can have a smaller table(segment) size. But I don't have a 100GB disk/tape for export/import. What should I do?

Thanks!!

Susan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue May 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT