Problem with Listener

From: Andrew Wilson <andrewwilson2_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/05/22

Humble newby seeking wisdom of elders -

I am trying to set up a development environment on my standalone Win98 machine. I would like to install Developer 6, Designer 6, and Personal Oracle 8.1.5 for Win98.

I have been using the instructions posted at http://www.chow1.myweb.nl/po815.htm , but I am running into a problem.

My problem comes about in Step 8A under the Developer installation. When I type "start" at the listener prompt, I get the following error message returned:

Message 1070 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facility=TNSTNS-125
38: Message 12538 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facility=TNS
 TNS-12560: Message 12560 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facili
ty=TNS
  TNS-00508: Message 508 not found; No message file for product=NETWORK, facilit
y=TNS

I have checked and double-checked the tnsnames and listener files. Does anyone know what would cause this error?

I would appreciate your help very much.

Thank you kindly,

--Andrew Received on Mon May 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT