Re: Backup

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/20

This means you are conducting a hot backup while the database is not in hot backup mode *AND* you are not running in archivelog! You will not be able to recover the database if something happens, while the database is in an inconsistent state (as not all backups are from the same point in time)
For a recoverable system you need
1 archivelog mode
2 either a cold backup (database down)
3 or a hot backup (bring individual tablespaces in backup mode). For this type of backup archivelog mode is mandatory. Please refer to the Oracle docs for further details.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

Uni Mannheim <cuske_at_rumms.uni-mannheim.de> schreef in berichtnieuws 8g5dp3$pu6$1_at_trumpet.uni-mannheim.de...