Re: Redhat Oracle8i 8.1.5 OUI error

From: Steve Jones <steve.jones_at_takethisoutproact.net>
Date: 2000/05/19

This took me ages to work around. Why are the installation scripts so difficult to use? The core technology is rock solid, but why do they put up with all this badly coded GUI nonsense - I can't work it out.

I tried everything. Finally I found another script called runInst.sh somewhere under linux/install or install/linux and it went straight through. The blackdown thing makes you think you've done something wrong with the Java installation - don't worry, it might be OK.

The starter DB didn't work; I had to make it by hand afterwards.

--
Steve Jones
stevej_at_getridofthisproact.net