Oracle8i on Linux problems

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

Hello,

I re-installed Oracle on one of my machines - everything went fine. I applied the patch - which renamed a bunch of files in my bin directory, including sqlplus and lsnrctl. It renamed them to sqlplus.pre-81501 and lsnrctl.pre-81502. Problem is, there are no CURRENT versions of sqlplus and lsnrctl anymore.

When I renamed them back to their original names, of course, they do not run anymore, as it cannot find the correct libaries.

Now, I have done *several* successsful installs with patches of Oracle8i on Linux 6.1 and have *not* had this problem before. However, those successful installs were clean installs, not re-installs.

Does anybody know *why* this had happened?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT