Re: DBMS_OUTPUT.PUT_LINE

From: <psmith169_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

Michael,
I seem to have a problem with UTL_FILE.FOPEN syntax in a PL/SQL procedure. Would you send a sample to me?

In article <390C5E95.ABEA06A7_at_online.de>,   bmlam <bmlam_at_online.de> wrote:

> Michael Woo schrieb:
>
> > I only use dbms_output for informational and
 debugging messages (limited).

> > For a production job, I will actually use the
 package utl_file to create a
> > log file.
> >
> > To summize what needs to be done in psuedo
 code:

> > open log file
> > write to log file
> > flush write buffer when needed
> > close log file
> >
> > In a unix environment, I can then tail the log
 file to monitor the job.

> And of course you want to include the -f option.
 It works pretty well for me
> to keep track where my PL/SQL procedure is at,
 at any given time

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT