Re: dbassist error connecting to Display (Xlib) ?

From: matt <mattz_at_kbss.bt.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/09

Cheers Spencer,

I will remember that one its quite handy Cheers...

Also.... perhaps you can help....

Basic question for starters...

Installing WebDB
Enter your database Sys password and a TNS Alias.

Now I know this is basic but could someone point me to the TNS Alias and where is it in the listener.ora or the tnsnames.ora file ?

Or if the TNS Alias is not there were could I find out what it is called please.

Or how could I create one...

I installed Oracle 8.1.6.1 with no problems but now I have come unstuck with this.

Question No 2

How can I change the SYS database password connect internal
startup
alter sys .... ?

The maybe I maybe able to complete the installation.

Regards

Matt