Re: Poor Buffer Hit Ratio

From: Ethan Post <epost1_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

If you have a copy of Access 97 or 2000 go download my monitoring tool and use it find the culprit. You need to identify the sessions and related SQL that is causing the problem, you might find that it is one particlar session, statment or job.

http://www.freetechnicaltraining.com/homes/ethan/overlook.htm

In article <8eph7l$6tt$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   junderhi_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> We are running Oracle 8.0.4 on an 8-way R50 with 1GB of physical
 memory. The
> machine is running 4 instances with the largest approximately 30GB in
 total
> size. This largest instance is using db_block_size of 4096 and has
 120000
> db_block_buffers. The instance previously had only 40000
 db_block_buffers,

--
http://www.freetechnicaltraining.com/home/ethan