need help on INIT.ORA event=

From: Mr. Rovin <mr.rovin_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 2000/05/02

I need some documentation on those accursed event = parameters that turn up in INT.ORA. We are in a very government-regulated environment, and we can't casually change system paramters without documentation on what we are doing. A 3rd-party vendor wants us to add

event = (412 trace name error stack)

to our INIT.ORA, which they don't understand, and they say they got it verbally from Oracle technical support. I can't find anything useful in the docs. I logged a TAR, but still got no more than a verbal "it makes error messages more verbose", and they won't quote any documentation on it.

Has anybody got more info? Even a privately-written FAQ would help. Oracle7

Thanks so much for your time and assistance!

Rcik Schwall
rschwall_at_amgen.com Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT