Re: How to split indexes from data?

From: Ulrich Brandes <ubrandes_at_fs-edv.de>
Date: 2000/05/08

Another way is a used based two-step Import . First alter the default tablespace of the importing user e.g. DATA. Then import the data with rows=Y indexes=N. Then alter the default tablespace to the index tablespace and revoke (important!!!) the quotas on the old tablespace and grant quotas on the index tablespace e.g. INDEX. Then do an import with rows=N and indexes=Y. Based on the revoked quotas on the DATA tablespace import uses the default tablespace INDEX for creating the indexes.