Re: Dial Up Networking Starts

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 2000/05/02

"Mark Schenkel" <markschenkel_at_alpinesoftware.com> wrote:

>I have Oracle Client on a Win98 machine using TCP/IP as the network
>protocol. This machine also has Internet Explorer setup so that when it is
>executed it automatically dials the internet service provider. Whenever we
>try to logon to the Oracle database from this machine it brings up the dial
>up networking dialog box for the internet provider. Is the only way around
>this to disable the automatic dialup from Internet Explorer?

Go to Control Panel and click on the Internet settings applet. Select the CONNECTION tab window. I think Win'98 has a specific setting that says "auto connect/dialup". Uncheck that. If it does not have it, then simply select "connect to the Internet using the local area network" - this should also stop the auto dialin from happening, but your internet stuff will still work when you have dialed into your ISP.

Billy Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT