Re: SAN devices

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: 2000/05/01

If you use NFS files for storage of Oracle data, you are using your NFS system as a database which may be possible but what is certainly not desirable. E. g., Oracle is maintaining locking, and NFS has to maintain Oracle's locking AGAIN. Oracle is maintaining caching, and NFS has to maintain Oracle's cache AGAIN.

If it works, it is definitely a bad situation and mostly it is tried to avoid buying sufficient licenses from Oracle.

Martin