Re: To Denormalise or not to Denormalise

From: Randy DeWoolfson <randy_at_euclidsys.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

Well.. not ~completely normalized~ but darn near...

I find it rare (very rare even) that I need to denormalize. Lets say you have 50 - 60 tables - a smallish system... Each having 10 or less columns (a personal rule of mine is more than 10 columns then you made a mistake) You could expect maybe one redundant column.. maybe two. not much denormalization here...

my 2 cents
randy