Re: Hot backup - when to clear those archived logfiles?

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: 2000/04/30

When running hot backups you should do the following:

	Back up the archives
	Back up the database
	Delete the archives that have been backed up.

Many DBAs, myself included, prefer not to delete the backed up archives for a couple of days - just in case it is necessary to recover from something other than the latest backup. (This assumes that you run hot backups on a nightly basis.)

On 4/30/00, 12:00:51 PM, "WCK" <abramswee_at_yahoo.com> wrote regarding Hot