Hot backup - when to clear those archived logfiles?

From: WCK <abramswee_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/30

I have to switch a current 7.3 Oracle database that runs on NT from cold backup to hot backup for 24x7. I read all I can about the hot backups techniques but I am still confused as to when I can clear all the archived logfiles; after a complete db shutdown, or after a hot backup of all the datafiles?

And to have a complete database recovery, should I restore the most recent hot backuped datafiles and those logfiles after that or do I have to put in allllll the logfiles from the beginning?

I have limited harddisk spaces left so I can't spare alot to keep a whole storage of archived logfiles. Any help are highly appreciated.

CK Received on Sun Apr 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT