Re: Oracle 8.0.4 and HPUX 11.0 swap

From: Jeff McKenzie <mcjeff_at_xmission.xmission.com>
Date: 2000/04/25

spencer <spencerp_at_swbell.net> wrote:
> resizing swap space on HP-UX 11.0 cannot be done
> dynamically (according my sys admin). resizing swap
> requires a reconfiguration of the logical volumes,
> resizing of the file systems, and a reboot.

> if someone else knows differently, i would love to hear
> about it.

Thank you all for the feedback. Here's the basic procedure for dynamically adding swap on HP-UX 11.0:

Create a swap logical volume:
lvcreate -n swapvol2 -l 1 -C y -s y -r n vg03

add the swap entry to /etc/fstab:
/dev/vg03/swapvol2 ... swap pri=1 0 0

Activate the swap:
swapon -a

Alternatively, you can just add filesytem swap, like so:

swapon /tmp Received on Tue Apr 25 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT