Re: Data Modeling Tool for Linux

From: Peter A. Schott <paschott_at_att.net>
Date: 2000/04/19

Check out ER/Studio from Embarcadero. It can link to Oracle to do data modeling as well as linking to other database platforms. It's relatively cheap as modeling software goes and the latest version finally caught up with a lot of features that were previously missing - trigger/procedure support, macros, etc.

-Pete Schott

morris_newsgroup_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> Thanks anyway for your reply. Unfortunately, I'm looking for a data
> modeling tool (not an object modeling tool - UML). So my question is
> still open.
>

> In article <38FB8CF2.78C39B66_at_amgen.com>,
> Mike Harris <mikeh_at_amgen.com> wrote:
> > Take a look at Magic Draw UML by No Magic. A free demo is available at
> > www.nomagic.com.
> >
> > Mike Harris
> >
> > morris_newsgroup_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> >
> > > I'm wondering if anyone knows about a data modeling tool (ER tool)
 for