Urhent help needed: import shuts down database

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/17

My import frequently aborts and shuts down the database. Here's the error in alert log:

KCF: write/open error block=0x375e online=1

     file=15 /hwh/oradata/logician7.dbf
     error=27072 txt: 'SVR4 Error: 5: I/O error
Additional information: 14174'
DBW0: terminating instance due to error 1242 Instance terminated by DBW0, pid = 4014

The import parameter file specifies commit=y, buffer=1024000, ignore=y, analyze=N, feedback=50000, among other things, using conventional path. When the import aborts, I can always restart the database and rerun import, which aborts again after a while, at a different block number, but the same "error=27072" and "error 1242". Trying many times I can eventually import successfully. The dump file is only 700 MB. I wonder if there's a disk failure. Please help.

This is Oracle 8.1.6 on Solaris 7.

Yong Huang
Email: yong321_at_yahoo.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 17 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT