Re: Problems with Advanced Replication...

From: Roger <NOrgSPAM_at_mcs-hh.de>
Date: 2000/04/11

Hi,

These are the key points I've found through trial and mostly error while struggling with replication on 8i. I've got it working now but it takes some patience and understanding of the concepts involved:

Thanks very much, after some searching on metalink I found a document that covered some of your points. So points 1-5 where already applied without success.

>>6. Once you get the environment setup and are waiting for dba_repcatlog to
clear out, try pushing the transactions by using DBMS_REPCAT.DO_DEFERRED_REPCAT_ADMIN.<<

How long can this take ? I must admit that I don't yet understand the concept of dba_repcatlog. What happens when dba_repcatalog 'clears out' ? AFAIK dba_repcatlog is a queue for replication catalog changes, is this right ?

>>Don't be afraid to start all

I think this is the first thing I will do in the morning: Recreate all instances an start from the beginning.

 You aren't working on a production machine, are you? <<

Not yet but I have to in about two weeks....

 Thanks very much for your help
   Roger

Wayne Menzie <waynem_at_bosmedtechdotcom.nospam> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag: 8F12BA272wayneshammalammading_at_206.66.240.253...