Re: cleaning up archive log files

From: Kari Pannila <Xkartsa_at_ougf.fi>
Date: 2000/04/09

oraclez wrote:

> I tried deleting the archived log file from the OS and restarted the
> database, but v$archived_log view still reflects the deleted log
> files. Is this a problem? Am I doing it right.

 Yes you are. The v$archived_log view displays archived log information from the
controlfile. So it depends on the size of your controlfile how many files you
can see. So it is not a problem...

--
Kari Pannila
Oracle DBA (OCP)

PS. Delete X from my mail address , it (X) is only for SPAMMERS.
    Poista X mail-osoitteen edestä, se on SPAMmereita varten.