cleaning up archive log files

From: oraclez <q_at_q.com>
Date: 2000/04/09

I'm running in archive log mode and my archived log directory is getting pretty big. I do a full backup every night so keeping 2 months of archived redo log files might be an overkill.

I tried deleting the archived log file from the OS and restarted the database, but v$archived_log view still reflects the deleted log files. Is this a problem? Am I doing it right.

I'm using 8.0.5 on unix.

Thanks for any input.

QA Received on Sun Apr 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT