Inserting values from column into object: Newbie

From: <varnera_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/08

Hi,

I am trying to do something I think is simple. I want to select X and Y coordinates (each in their own columns) into a column of MDSYS.SDO_GEOMETRY.

INSERT INTO (SELECT a.id,
                    a.geometry.sdo_gtype,
                    a.geometry.sdo_point.x,
                    a.geometry.sdo_point.y
             FROM control_point_geometry a)
SELECT b.id, 1, b.easting, b.northing FROM control_points b;

I get the following error:

INSERT INTO (SELECT a.id,
*
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01733: virtual column not allowed here

I have also tried creating a view and inserting into it. I am running Oracle 8i (8.1.5) with Spatial Data Option on an NT box.

Much Appreciated,
Drew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sat Apr 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT