Re: Create DB script - Solaris Raw device

From: Silvio Seifert <silvio.seifert_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/04/08

On Mon, 03 Apr 2000 18:52:24 GMT, "Reji Baby" <reji_at_apogeenet.com> wrote:

Basically it is the same as with filesystem-based datafile. Use the fully qualified pathname of the raw partition as the datafile name, that's it.

E.g., your raw partition is /dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s3

Then you should use a datafile clause like ... datafile '/dev/rdsk/c0t0d0s3' size some_size ...

If you use a volume management like DiskSuite or Veritas/Sun OEM Volume Manager you will have datafile name like these:

DiskSuite (without metasets)		/dev/md/rdsk/metadevice_name
Volume Manager					/dev/vx/rdsk/diskgroup_name/volume_name

Again, using the examples for fielsystem-based datafile, simply substitute the filename with the full qualified pathname of the raw device.

Hope this helps.

>Hello:
> I am trying to create an Oracle 8i Release 2 DB on a Sun Sparc
>machine using the raw partition. Anybody has a sample script that I can
>borrow to take
>a look at the syntax. I have looked at the documentation but it is that
>clear to me. Any help is really appreciated.
>
>-Reji

Silvio Seifert
Foehrer Strasse 34
65199 Wiesbaden
Germany Received on Sat Apr 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT