Re: FYI Oracle 8.1.6 missing a folder

From: <rspeaker_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/05

my 8.1.6 install on Windows 2000 has the folder present, although I think I installed this as an upgrade to 8.1.5, which may explain it. I have 3 installations of 8.1.6 on AIX and the folder is present in them, although the only thing in it are the init files.

In article <18vG4.933$5e.82668_at_newshog.newsread.com>,   "Van Messner" <vmessner_at_bestweb.net> wrote:
> Oracle 8.1.6 for NT (and maybe other platforms) is missing the dbs
 folder
> in the Oracle Home directory after installation. It must have fallen
 under
> one of the developer's desks. If you're like me and use login.sql or
 any of
> the other things typically found in this folder, you don't want to do
> without them. Fortunately, the registry still paths to the
 non-existent dbs
> folder. So all you need do is create your own dbs folder in your
 Oracle
> home and put in whatever files you want. Then you can continue to use
> things like login.sql as always.
>
> Van

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT