Re: Connecting a Mac client to Oracle 8 NT server?

From: Jerry Althoff <jerome50_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 2000/04/04

In article <20000403134108.01442.00001861_at_ng-ch1.aol.com>, alinp_at_aol.com (AlinP) wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Does anybody have any tips as to how to connect a Mac client to Oracle 8
> running on a NT server? We just can't imagine that there is not a single Mac
> out there that is acting as a client for Oracle 8 server. We've tried Oracle's
> web sit and tech support but have gotten nowhere. Many thanks!
>
> Alin Pilkington
> AlinP_at_mitosystems.com

I'm running MacOS 8.5.1 on PPC and I remember last year Oracle sent me the Mac Client CD after I called customer support and asked for the latest (we have a supported server license). The software is old, but works. It is still SQL*NET, not NET8. It works with OpenTransport TCP/IP. SQL*Plus is pretty crude compared to some of the NT apps.

I don't use it too much since Virtual PC works well over our ethernet lan and I use SQLNET and TOAD on the Virtual PC client.

--Jerry Althoff
jerome50_at_earthlink.net Received on Tue Apr 04 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT