Re: Connecting a Mac client to Oracle 8 NT server?

From: VIA interactive <info_at_viainfo.com>
Date: 2000/04/04

Hi,
oracle desupported the macintosh products. last release was personal oracle 7.1.3 for mac. access via mac is only possible via an internet based application or you install virtual pc 3.0 or any other emulation. works good if you have at least a G3 processor and 192 MB RAM (more is not useful because the maximum ram that virtual pc uses is 128 MB).

we have several macs under the emulation with an ora8i version. even with replication.
it works even if the word speed becomes new dimensions.

hope that helped.
there are no news from oracle when the macintosh familiy will be supported in the future.
but it comes - anytime!
good to hear that larry presented ora8i with an imac... (for an internet application).

"AlinP" <alinp_at_aol.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:20000403134108.01442.00001861_at_ng-ch1.aol.com...
> Hi!
>
> Does anybody have any tips as to how to connect a Mac client to Oracle 8
> running on a NT server? We just can't imagine that there is not a single
 Mac
> out there that is acting as a client for Oracle 8 server. We've tried
 Oracle's