UPDATE: ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

From: Ken Kinder <kkinder_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/03

Thanks for everyone's suggestions. Overnight (I don't know why), I don't know why, but it now returns ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress when connecting over a TCP/IP listener.

I can use sqlplus locally using an IPC listener, and run quieries fine. When I try adding the user/pass_at_service part, it gives me ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

This message is also returned from clients on other machines trying to connect to the database.

If this helps shed some light on why this is happenning, I would appreciate anyone's suggestions. I know the database is running nicely, as I can run queries on non-TCP connections.

Thanks BTW.