Re: Newbie RMAN Problem

From: billmil <milbratzNOmiSPAM_at_hotmail.com.invalid>
Date: 2000/03/28

I posted a message because I could not get RMAN to start under RH6.1. Oracle directed me to bug 995765. The problem, it turns out, was very simple. RH6.1 comes with a program called "rman" in /usr/bin. Executing "rman" from the command line brings up the wrong program.

Workaround: execute $ORACLE_HOME/bin/rman To detect, enter "which rman" at the linux prompt.

bill milbratz
chicago IL usa