Re: WEIRD java/stored procedure behavior

From: Joseph Weinstein <joe_at_weblogic.com>
Date: 2000/03/28

Hi. It may have to do with the fact that JDBC connecitons run, by default, in autoCommit(true) mode. If you haven't, try setting your connection to autoCommit(false), then executing, then normally your JDBC code should also call commit(), but if you have the procedure doing it, then it may not be needed. Putting the commit in the procedure will be at odds with generic JDBC, but if you set autoCommit(false), then do what you normally do in SQL-PLUS, it should act the same. (SQL-PLUS runs in the equivalent of autoCommit(false)).

Joe Weinstein at BEA, the home of WebLogic

--

PS: Folks: BEA WebLogic is in S.F., and now has some entry-level positions for
people who want to work with Java and E-Commerce infrastructure products. Send