WEIRD java/stored procedure behavior

From: <kal121_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/28

Hello,

I have an Oracle stored procedure that selects some fields into some OUT variables. Then, after it selects into the OUT variables, I perform an UPDATE on a certain field, then COMMIT, and that's it.

When I run the procedure from within SQLPlus, the stored procedure works fine - that is, it selects the OUT parameters, performs the update, then commits. However, when I call the EXACT SAME stored procedure from a java program, it does ONLY the select, but it never performs the update or commit.

Does anybody know why this is?

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CST