net8 / namesctl dump_tnsnames

From: Joe Kazimierczyk <joseph.kazimierczyk_at_bms.com>
Date: 2000/03/28

Anyone have success using the Oracle Names 8.x "namesctl dump_tnsnames" command? It only seems to dump names registered with DDO or manually with "namesctl register", but doesn't dump names registered with netasst. Since netasst seems to be the recommended way of registering names to the oracle names server, this doesn't make sense to me. Is there any other way of generating a tnsnames.ora file from an Oracle Names database? (I never thought I'd say I miss the buggy old netman utility!). Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CST