intermedia text indexing problem

From: Tim McClelland <cst97042_at_camosun.bc.ca>
Date: 2000/03/28

Hi

I've created an index of type URL_DATASTORE on a text field in one of our tables in our Oracle 8i database running on NT 4.0 Server.

CREATE INDEX DocumentIndex ON documentTable(urlLocationField) INDEXTYPE IS CTXSYS.CONTEXT
PARAMETERS ('DATASTORE CTXSYS.URL_DATASTORE FILTER CTXSYS.INSO_FILTER'); My query statement is as follows:
SELECT documentId, SCORE(1) score from documentTable WHERE CONTAINS(urlLocationField, 'search_term', 1) > 0;

This works fine with single-part documents (.doc, .mdb, .xls) and single html files, but doesn't seem to work on multi-part html files. It seems to only index the single file specified in 'urlLocationField' and not the entire web site. Is there a way to specify the number of levels down to go (ie. level of links to follow)?

Tim Received on Tue Mar 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CST