grant on view with blob

From: Mike Olivieri <mike_at_buildwbt.com>
Date: 2000/03/27

I am having trouble granting permssions to another user for a view that uses dbms_lob.getLength(). The message I get is:

SQL> GRANT SELECT ON MY_View TO User2;
GRANT SELECT ON MY_View TO WBTBuilder

                 *

ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01720: grant option does not exist for 'SYS.DBMS_LOB'

MY_View:
CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW MY_View AS

        SELECT ParentID, nvl(VSIZE(MyID),0) + nvl(VSIZE(ParentID),0) + nvl(DBMS_LOB.GETLENGTH(my_blob),0) AS Bytes

        FROM My_Table;

I also tried granting SELECT on my_table before granting on the view; the table grant worked but the view grant resulted the same error message.

What am I missing?
tia,
Mike Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CST