Re: XLF logging in OAS 4.0.81

From: <wutang_warrior_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/27

Yeah, wrote a perl script that makes one BEEEG file and then used sqlldr to load the file into a table.

Busy writing some more...............

Here's a gag, I enable logging to DB (Not file) and then startup the appserver, whenever I try access a pl/sql cartridge/package.procedure oassvr.exe bombs out and Dr.Watsons' I change back from DB to file logging and then everything is O.K.

In article <8bml0r$9o0a$1_at_newssvr03-int.news.prodigy.com>, "Bob Boylan" <BobBoylan_at_prodigy.net> wrote:

> C,
>
> Join the dread. I've heard that the direct log to a database is a bit
> flakey but don't have first hand experience with it. Something about
 it
> causing unstable behavior. Sounds like you are doing everything
 right ...
> maybe look for a patch that calls out a fix for this feature?
>
> Back to the dread, stats are stats and more than likely meshing the
 xlf log
> files with a database is going to yield the most meaningful stats. The
> uploading / archiving is a clunky way to go - at least it appears
 that way
> for an operation which is continuously up. We've decided to go with
 the
> 'daily' archive and worry about bulk loading the daily xlf log files
 up to a
> database to perform the mesh that people are looking for. Do you know
 of
> any simple way to bulk load these files up to a database?
>
> Thanks, Bob
> <wutang_warrior_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Hi.
> >

> > I'm having absolutely no luck.
> >
> > 1. I've created a user via the DAD admin page.
> >
> > 2. I've then installed the logging tables into this DAD and verified
> > that they are there.
> >
> > 3. I've set the logging the "DB" with NO batch logging. (File works
> > FINE).
> >
> > 4. I've bounced the appserver.
> >
> > 5. Nothing appears in logxlf table (or any table) after restarting
 and
> > serving a few http requests.
> >
> > 6. I've installed the Log Analyzer toolkit, I can upload a file
 fine,
> > when I goto any other page under "log analyzer" in the Utils It
 comes
> > back with a blank page saying "Application error".
> >
> > Am I asking this in the wrong newsgroup?
> > I've been trying to get this to work for a month now, and now that
> > monthend is coming, I dread having to write some program to try
 garner
> > my own stats.
> >
> > Has anyone used it successfully?
> >

> > In article <8ba95b$gdh$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > wutang_warrior_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > Hello.
> > >
> > > This is the third time that I'm asking about this (since 02/28)
> > >
> > > I can log XLF to a file EASILY.
> > >
> > > I create a DAD and install the logger tables and specify XLF
 logging
> > > the DB, it doesn't log to the xlflogs table.
> > >
> > > What's wrong?
> > > What XLF attributes must I log for DB logging?
> > >
> > > I can see the DAD logged in from v$session.
> > > but no data is inserted into the logging tables.
> > >
> > > ????
> > >
> > > THe reporting tool doesn't work either, I can upload text files
 to the
> > > report page but then it DIES......
> > >
> > > C.
> > >
> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Mar 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CST