Re: XLF logging in OAS 4.0.81

From: Bob Boylan <BobBoylan_at_prodigy.net>
Date: 2000/03/26

C,

Join the dread. I've heard that the direct log to a database is a bit flakey but don't have first hand experience with it. Something about it causing unstable behavior. Sounds like you are doing everything right ... maybe look for a patch that calls out a fix for this feature?

Back to the dread, stats are stats and more than likely meshing the xlf log files with a database is going to yield the most meaningful stats. The uploading / archiving is a clunky way to go - at least it appears that way for an operation which is continuously up. We've decided to go with the 'daily' archive and worry about bulk loading the daily xlf log files up to a database to perform the mesh that people are looking for. Do you know of any simple way to bulk load these files up to a database?

Thanks, Bob