Create new database

From: <jeffl1125_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/23

Greeting all:

We are using Oracle8.0.5 and NT 4.0. For some reason, my old database was corrupted and we failed to do the backup.

So, I had to delete the old database, and created a new one with new name and new SID. It can be startup with no problem. The question is we couldn't give a service name to it. I tried to use the old service name, which is for the previous one, by modifying the files "listener,ora" and "tnsnames.ora", but it didn't work. Then I tried to add a new service name but it still didn't work. When I test the new service name, I get the error message "ORA-12505: TNS: Listener could not resolve SID given in connect description." (The SID I input is right.)

I guess there must be some other configurations I must to do. Anybody can give me a suggestions?

Thanks.

Jeff

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 23 2000 - 00:00:00 CST