Re: Create new database

From: Jim Gregory <JG200024_at_NCR.com>
Date: 2000/03/24

It sounds like your listener process does not have your new SID in its listen list. at the OS prompt issue:

                lsnrctl stat

 and see if your new SID shows up. If not, try: lsnrctl reload this will cause the listener to re-read the listener.ora file and should pick up your new SID. If it doesn't, then there's probably a syntax error in the listener.ora file.

HTH

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.