Re: Explain Plan with BIND Variables

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/03/23

What is the error ?
I think with 7.3.3 you should be able to do

variable my_value number

explain plan .......

As well as Sybrand's comment about
bind variables and the histogram effect, you may also get side-effects due to
implicit type conversion. Bind variables have a type, literals are a little more fluid.

--

Jonathan Lewis