Re: SQL*Loader

From: Craig Kelley <ink_at_inconnu.isu.edu>
Date: 2000/03/23

"Rekha" <your_at_attcanada.net> writes:

> Hi
>
> I need to implement automation of loading Data from non-oracle(like excel,
> access) resources into Oracle 8 using sql*loader, about 2 million records
> every morning, there will be some bad data which would have to be refined
> at an estimate abt 5000 rows out of 2million).
>
> Can someone kindly give me ideas how to go for it using sql*loader or any
> 3rd party tool, it has to be automated, as manually loading 2 million
> records every morning will be very time consuming.

Just have cron run sqlldr every morning. There are several example sqlldr control files in the Oracle documentation. You'll probably want to export the Excel or Accesss information to a CSV text file.

Craig Kelley  -- kellcrai_at_isu.edu
http://www.isu.edu/~kellcrai finger ink@inconnu.isu.edu for PGP block