Oracle chrashes on Windows NT

From: <ujank_at_gmx.net>
Date: 2000/03/22

I have some problem with an Oracle 8.0.5 installed on Windows NT 4 SP 6.

All datafiles are located on an external disk arry connected via fcl. During creation of a new datebase somwhere in cration process I get the following message in the Alert log:

(before this it states that the creation of the datafile was sucsessfull)

KFC: write/open error block=0xfbe online=1

          file=1 o:\orant\database\sys1dan4.ora
          error=27070 txt: 'OSD-04016: Error queuing an asynchronious IO
request
O/S-Error:( OS 2) The system cannot find the file specified DBW0:terminating instance due to error 1242 Instance terminated by DBW0 . pid=313

This does not seem to be an Oracle problem, if I do the same operation on the local harddrive it works . Is there any way to influence NT behaviour on async IO ?

Thanks a lot in advance Received on Wed Mar 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CST