Problem with OAS

From: Jens Hartwig <jhartwig_at_debis.com>
Date: 2000/03/14

Hello everybody,

I have installed Oracle Application Server 4.0 on WinNT (Service Pack 6). After having finished the installation (no errors, no warnings) I try to start the OAS-Service by clicking the appropriate icon on the administration page. In the process I get the following error message:

Oracle Application Server

oassrv: Starting wrb service 0
ConfigProvider Server accepting requests... oassrv: Starting wrb service 1
Log Server is accepting requests now...
oassrv: Starting wrb service 2
PANIC: YS::ERROR::BADFRAME in oassrv at line 66 of m:\nt_4081_40bit_opt_102099\ows\srchome\ys\src\ys\yse.c

abnormal program termination
OWS-08820: Unable to start oassrv process 'oassrv'.

Initialization Failure- Exiting OAS...

Execute STOP of all the OAS Processes from the OAS Manager

Does anybody has an idea where this error comes from? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards, Jens

Jens Hartwig

debis Systemhaus GEI mbH
10875 Berlin
Tel.     : +49 (0)30 2554-3282
Fax      : +49 (0)30 2554-3187
Mail     : jhartwig_at_debis.com

Please consider: The statements expressed in this mail do represent the authors opinion and are not necessarily identical with those of debis Systemhaus GEI.