Re: Problem with OAS

From: Bill Coulam <bcoulam_at_DELETECAPSusa.net>
Date: 2000/03/13

I had this problem when trying to install OAS on my home computer as a testbed. My home computer does not have a network card. This is a known difficulty of OAS. Once I followed Oracle's instructions on the MS Loopback adapter I got it to run fine.

A quick 30 second search on Metalink brought up a bunch of documents on this very problem. Just one of which reads like this:

"The error you are encountering usually occurs as a result of the MS Loopback Adapter not being installed. Oracle Application Server requires a network connection in order to function correctly. The MS Loopback Adapter emulates a network card allowing the installation of network protocols onto stand-alone PC's. I am sending you a document that will explain how to install and configure the adapter.

Regards,
Shawn Sullivan (pssulliv_at_us.oracle.com) MetaLink Analyst "

So if you don't have access to Metalink, I understand. Otherwise I highly recommend turning there or searching the usenet with deja.com first. Best of luck!
-bill c.