Win NT 4.0 -- operfdll.dll failed....

From: <rnett_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/10

Has anyone else had this error? It concerns Oracle Performance Monitor and how the counters weren’t registered with it Windows NT Performance Monitor. We get this error in our application event log on both version 7 and 8 systems. The whole error message is:

"The Open Procedure for service "Oracle7" in DLL "operfdll.dll" failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0."

After applying the solution from Oracle Metalinks:

LODCTR OPCTRNM.INI (for Oracle7)
LODCTR OPCTRN80.INI (for Oracle8)

We got a message saying:

“Counters for oracle80 are already installed. Unable to update the system registry.”

I figured this meant it failed but instead the problem seems to be fixed. Now the questions:

  1. To the best of my knowledge, the Performance Monitor was not part of our installation so why do we get this error in the first place?
  2. When I applied the solution and got the message (described above), why did this still work?

Is there anything more I can look at other than the note on Metalinks? I’m trying to figure out what/why this error occurred in our application event log.

Thank you very much, sorry I'm a little long winded.

RNett

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Mar 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CST