Re: ORACLE Certification

From: <bill_n_opus_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/09

In article <8a4d7q$7ab$1_at_fraggle.esatclear.ie>,   "John Lanigan" <jlanigan_at_esatclear.ie> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm considering getting myself Oracle cretified. Is it worth it? Is
 this
> whole certification thing just a money-making racket? HOW MUCH DOES
 IT
> COST? (can find sod all info on pricing.... beyond the price of
 training
> courses)
>
> Is the DBO (Database Operator) track any good?????
>
> I'm mostly looking for opinions on this one
>
> John Lanigan

FYI, i'm beginning my Oracle DBA cert right now. The whole course including certification cost me around $13,000 CAN including an MCP in NT4 Workstation, some time learning Solaris, UNIX and so forth. I'm not in the industry but thought that this would be a good intro into it. The market is huge and will get even bigger with 8i and ecommerce. I was thinking of the MCSD cert as well but thought that programming wasn't really my thing as I did some course in university and didn't do all that great on them for the most part to sway my decision in that direction. We'll see if it's worth it. I'm sure that it will ... it has to be! Good luck on whatever you do.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Mar 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CST