Re: Net8 error: Listener address already used

From: tiny anklet bells <nroshak_at_hcs.harvard.edu>
Date: 2000/03/08

Zorg AD Crowther hath momely rade gribble:

: We tried turning trace on for SQL*Net but this is weird too - no trace
: files were produced - it is like it is ignoring the sqlnet.ora
: instructions. Have checked that there is only one sqlnet.ora file on
: the system and the $TNS_ADMIN points to the right directory.

in your clientside sqlnet.ora, did you set trace_unique_client = on? and also trace_level_client = {user | admin | whaterver}? I could not get trace files produced without turning trace_unique_client on -- not sure why.

also, i think the listener log files and trace files might be more helpful in this case. you can use lsnrctl to turn tracing and logging on for the listener:

	set trc_directory <dirname>
	set trc_file <filename>
	set trc_level {off | user | admin | support}

	set log_directory
	set log_file
	set log_status {on | off}

if i were you, i'd turn logging and tracing on and then wait for the crash... then examine the log and trace files from the moments right before you had your interruption of listener service.

HTH,
.n.

--
He stands proud in his uniform