Re: Net8 error: Listener address already used

From: AD Crowther <acrowther_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/03/10

tiny anklet bells said:

> in your clientside sqlnet.ora, did you set trace_unique_client = on?
 and
> also trace_level_client = {user | admin | whaterver}? I could not get
> trace files produced without turning trace_unique_client on -- not
 sure
> why.

Got it giving me trace files now. The problem was that I had set the trace file directory path to use a symbolic link and this wasn't getting translated. As soon as I set the "real" path, I got trace files. (Not telling me what I need to know yet because the problem I'm interested in hasn't reappeared yet, however...)

> also, i think the listener log files and trace files might be more
 helpful
> in this case. you can use lsnrctl to turn tracing and logging on for
 the
> listener:
>
> set trc_directory <dirname>
> set trc_file <filename>
> set trc_level {off | user | admin | support}
>
> set log_directory
> set log_file
> set log_status {on | off}
>
> if i were you, i'd turn logging and tracing on and then wait for the
> crash... then examine the log and trace files from the moments right
> before you had your interruption of listener service.

Will give this a go. Thanks.

--
Anne Crowther
mailto:acrowther_at_my-deja.com