Oracle & MTS Problem

From: Al Hails <ahails_at_hrmsoftware.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

Hi,

I'm testing a 3-tier web application. The solution uses VB COM objects running under MTS, with a Oracle 8.0.5 DB and an ASP-based front-end.

I'm testing using MS Web Application Stress Tool (WAST?), which allows you to simulate a number of simultaneous connections to a webiste.

Performance is OK with a few live users, however using WAST, the first few MTS components are called and are spinning away in the MTS Explorer, but the simulated web clients receive no/ v.slow response. Even after this process has finished and even when the MTS processes have been terminated, Oracle errors are still being logged continually on the MTS server (about 3 per min+).

THis is what the trace file looks like --

ORACLE XA: Version 8.0.5.0.0. RM name = 'Oracle_XA'.

174358.551:98.98.2:
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

174358.551:98.98.2:
xaorecover: xaofetch rtn -3.

I know I can stop this logging by deleting the DTCXATM.LOG from WINNT\SYSTEM32\DTCLOG but why does it happen in the first place?

I'm guessing that this may have something to do with transactions and MSDTC communicating with Oracle's Transaction Manager, but I haven't a clue where to look next to solve this.

Thanks in advance

Al Received on Thu Mar 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CST