Re: HELP !!!!!! VNI-2015 Authentication Error

From: ykhogaly <ykhogaly_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/03/02

This happens because OEM is unable to validate an NT user account for the node on which the IA attempting to execute the job or event resides.

The node preferred credentials have not been set through the OEM console or the Windows NT User Account was not configured properly.

.
Domain consists of ONE Primary Domain Controller; it may have multiple Backup Domain Controllers, Stand Alone Servers, and Workstations. The Primary Domain Controller maintains all the NT user accounts on that domain. A Backup Domain controller gets a replicated copy (its a read only copy - no changes can be made to it) of the domain's account database. Both Primary Domain Controllers (PDC) and Backup Domain Controllers (BDC) can authenticate users (i.e. log them on) to the domain. A Stand Alone Server is usually a dedicated local application server that does NOT perform Domain Authentication. Instead, it has its own account database for local NT accounts. An NT Workstation does NOT perform Domain Authentication either; it also has its own local account database for local NT accounts.You need to determine what type of NT System that Oracle is installed on, PDC, BDC, Stand Alone Server, or Workstation. Depending on the type of system will effect how the NT user account should be configured.

Please also refer to the OEM Configuration for additional information

Regards

"The Views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Oracle Corporation"